Favreau Forestry is a locally owned and family operated business providing all phases of tree services including tree removal, tree pruning, hazardous tree removal, stump grinding, storm clean up, etc. to Massachusetts clients. In particular we offer residential, commercial, municipal and state agencies tree services customized to meet each individual client’s requirements and budget.
First and foremost Favreau Forestry’s mission is to promote the health and beauty of your trees while maintaining the safety and value of your home and property. We take great pride in eliminating potential future drama with you trees and avoiding unnecessary drama during your project.
We offer no cost, no obligation quotes. First call our knowledgeable office staff and schedule a time for our ISA certified Arborists to discuss our expert tree and pruning services. Then Brian Favreau will walk your property, listen to your concerns, make recommendations and provide your with a written proposal.
Growing up Brian Favreau lived and worked on his family’s Grass-fed Beef farm (Rocky Acres Farm) in Sterling, MA. Because of this Brian learned the value of hard work, taking pride in completed projects and the value of your word and a handshake.
Favreau Forestry began as a firewood business that would compliment the demanding farm schedule that was required. Later the business grew to a Logging and Land Clearing business but with the downturn of the housing market and decreased demand for new home construction the business turned the focus to tree removal in populated areas. Presently our business has grown over the years to include a fleet of machines and a crew of fabulous team members. Brian, his wife and 4 wonderful children currently live on the family farm which includes an array of farm animals primarily focusing on Grass Fed Beef.
Brian Favreau – Owner and Operations Coordinator
ISA Certified Arborist #NE6934A , CTSP #1288, Hoisting License, Construction Supervisor License, OSHA 10, EHAP, First Aid, CPR
Brian has been in the tree care industry for 20+ years and is a ISA Certified Arborist. Even as the company expands Brian can still be found climbing or operating a bucket truck, completing tree work at record speeds with unparalleled precision, speed and care. His talents and keen eye are demonstrated when he is structurally pruning a tree and providing recommendations for the aesthetics of a project or area.
When he is not on the farm Brian enjoys exploring new places, meeting new people and practicing ballet.
Brian’s goals are to improve the safety, aesthetics and integrity of your trees. He feels there is nothing better than a job well done!
Our dedicated team of employees undergo rigorous training before they are permitted to operate any mechanical equipment as will as continuous weekly training to further their knowledge and share updates on changes in the industry. In addition to our trainings there is a public relations section to ensure professional interactions with our clients and the public.
Our training is not only for the protection of our employees but for our customers and their property.
Favreau Forestry is fully insured. In the event that it is needed we carry General Liability, Automobile, Workman’s Compensation Insurance and an Umbrella Policy Insurance. As with any requests for insurance verification, you should receive them directly from your contractors agent to verify authenticity.
Favreau Forestry, LLC recognizes that businesses have an impact on the environment. We are committed, and enjoy, finding ways in which we can reduce the impact of our work both in the office and when work takes in the field.
It is our policy to:
- Recycle as much waste material as possible.
- Avoid the use of paper wherever possible. For example, sending invoices and quotes via email as PDF files.
- Recycling equipment that is no longer of use to the company. For example, giving away items such as computers and printers that we no longer use.
- Keep energy usage low. For example, making use of low energy light bulbs throughout and ensuring that computers are shut down after work.
- Reuse waste paper (from the printer) where possible, making use of the blank side for notes etc.
- Purchase products made with recycled paper. For example, paper towels, printer paper
- Purchase products with a lower environmental impact. For example, environmentally safe soaps and detergents.
- Use low impact transport for travel to and from work and travel for business. For example, we encourage staff to carpool to, from and during work hours.
- Avoid unnecessary travel by making use of instant messaging, video and audio conferencing, telephone and email.
- When Brian Favreau meets with our clients about a project involving trees they would like to remove he informs them if he feels the tree should be removed or just pruned. Although this is not always profitable he feels as though the long-term benefits of the tree outweigh the short-term potential of profit loss.
- Brian Favreau also uses the meeting time to inform clients about issues that would affect their trees/areas such as the ALB, Emerald Ash Borer, drought conditions or things that the client is doing that is detrimental to their trees such as volcano mounding mulch at the base of trees, limiting their trees nutrition sources, etc. We also reach out to people and answer questions at trade shows that we exhibit at.
- Our crew participates in ongoing trainings. Included in these are environmental impact training informing them of the effects of leaking equipment, fuel spills, cross contamination of invasive plant species or seeds and to be mindful of the effects to animal habitats.
Our service area covers:
- Massachusetts statewide including but not limited to:
- Barnstable County
- Berkshire County
- Bristol County
- Essex County
- Middlesex County
- Norfolk County
- Plymouth County
- Suffolk County
- Worcester County
- In the event that it is needed our crews will travel to other states or areas as needed.