Firewood Delivery to Worcester County, Massachusetts
Favreau Forestry processes large quantities of tree length logs into a high-grade firewood product. Our wood is mixed species of deciduous hardwood product consisting of mostly oak due to its dominance in the area.
Our firewood also may contain hickory, maple, ash, birch, etc. It is available in standard 16 inch lengths or any size between 12 inches and 24 inches. Green wood may also be available depending on our supply.
Favreau Forestry’s wood is compliant with USDA Asian Long-horned Beetle mandates.
A cord of wood is measures four feet high by four feet wide by eight feet long and has a volume of 128 cubic feet. One cord of wood heats as much as 1.1 tons of premium wood pellets, 215.5 gallons of propane or 133.0 gallons of #2 fuel oil.
- Store wood off the ground.
- It is ideal to stack wood so the rows are parallel with the prevailing wind direction.
- Keep about six inches of space between each row to promote air circulation.
- Don’t cover the stack of firewood completely with a tarp. Only cover the top.
- Promote movement of air through the wood to dry the wood and prevent mold from growing.
- Do not store wood inside. Insects that may stay in the wood will think it is spring and vacate the wood into your house. No one wants those house guests!